Steven J. Lieberman has over 25 years of criminal law experience. He has practiced throughout the state of Texas and across the nation. Although he has vast experience in all areas of criminal law, he specializes in post-conviction cases, including, sentencings, motions for new trial, criminal appeals, post-conviction writ of habeas corpus and parole.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- State and Federal
- Trial and Appellate Practice
- Personal Injury Defense
- Texas, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1989
- The University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. - 1985
- Harmless Error Rule Revisited: What The Trial Lawyer Needs To Know To Create Reversible Error, December, 2002
- Ex Parte Rodriguez, 195 S.W.3d 700, 2006, Tex. Crim. App.
- State v. Neesley, 196 S.W.3d 356, 2006, Tex. App. Houston [1st Dist.]
- Carty v. State, 178 S.W.3d 297, 2005, Tex. App. Houston [1st Dist.]
- Garza v. State, 126 S.W.3d 79, 2004, Tex. Crim. App.
- Beal v. State, 91 S.W.3d 794, 2002, Tex. Crim. App.
- Thompson v. State, 44 S.W.3d 171, 2001, Tex. App.Houston [14th Dist.]
- Richardson v. State, 39 S.W.3d 634, 2000, Tex. App. Amarillo
- Paulea v. State, 278 S.W.3d 861, 2009, Tex. App. - Houston [14th Dist.]
- United States v. Lombardi, 138 F.3d 559, 1998, 5th Cir
- St. Julian v. State, 874 S.W.2d 669, 1994, Tex. Crim. App.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member